SOVA Aero Night Guard For Grinding Teeth (1.6mm)
Custom-Fit Dental Mouthguard With Case
10% Combination Discount
- Buy 2 for £24.00 each and save 8%
Order Today, Shipped * Today
Free Shipping Over £60
100% 30-day Money Back Guarantee
Shop with Confidence
Combine and save:
-£3.89 buying this bundle1x+
1*SOVA Aero Night Guard For Grinding Teeth (1.6mm) + 1*MiBrush Mouth Guard Freshening Spray
SOVA Aero Night Guard For Teeth Grinding
Comfortable and a scientifically proven anti-grinding dental guard that works against bruxism.
Named the Dental Advisor's Best Product Category Award winner for 3 years in a row. SOVA Aero Nightguard, designed by the Swedish Doctor J. Akervall, is the only mouth guard that is scientifically proven to help with teeth grinding that you can easily and quickly mold yourself.
These 10 characteristics make SOVA Aero superior to other mouthguards for teeth grinding
- 100% protection. Unlike other mouthguards on the market, SOVA Aero Nightguard is the only mouth guard that doesn’t just provide optimal teeth protection but also prevents teeth grinding and painful jaws with Diffusix technology.
- Extremely thin and comfortable. With a thickness of only 1.6 mm SOVA is the thinnest mouthguard for teeth grinding on the European Market. Because of the comfortable and pleasant fit you will sleep the entire night sleep without disturbance.
- Resistant against very heavy grinding. SOVA is 8 times stronger than the regular EVA mouthguards. These mouthguards, which are made from a substance called Ethylene Vinyl Acetate, are easily bitten to pieces. SOVA is made from a much stronger and biodegradable polymer which can withstand even the most severe forms of grinding.
- Scientifically Proven. A study from the University of Michigan shows that SOVA protects teeth just as well as custom made mouthguard from the dentist, but that it's much more comfortable to wear. Compared to a mouthguard from the dentist SOVA is up to 80% cheaper and (instead of waiting for 12 weeks) is ready to be fitted in 2 minutes.
- Is CE Certified. SOVA Aero is CE certified. This means you can fully trust that you are wearing safe material without unpleasant chemical components such as BPA, Latex, PVC, Phthalate or other harmful plasticisers.
- With perforations. Mouthguards for teeth grinding that close of the teeth completely increase the risk of caries and tooth decay. That’s why SOVA has perforations. These small holes ensure a supply and discharge of saliva to and from the teeth and molars. This way the teeth stay strong and healthy. Another advantage of the perforations is that you can gently suck on the mouthguard during molding and thus achieve the perfect fit.
- Easily get it to the right size yourself. You can shape SOVA easily, quickly and as often as you want until you are completely satisfied with the fit. If you prefer not to mess around with water you can use the SOVA Heating pack. With the SOVA Heating pack you get the material to the right temperature without a fuss and your mouthguard will be ready within 2 minutes.
- Covers all teeth and molars. Mouthguards for teeth grinding that do not reach the molars can cause serious problems with the teeth. SOVA is big enough for all teeth so that the back molars are protected as well.
- Can also be used for jaw clenching during the day. SOVA Aero is also suitable for people that clench their teeth during the day and people that want to stop biting their cheeks. SOVA Aero Nightguard is so thin you can even talk and drink with it.
- Dissatisfied? Money back guarantee! We are this confident about the SOVA Nightguard that we give a 100% (30 days) money back guarantee.
Tip: for faster and even better shaping, there is now also the Sova Heat Pack. This way, you don't have to deal with water and you will immediately bring the mouthguard to the right temperature. Buy together with SOVA Freshz Spray or SOVA Heating Pack and get a 10% discount.
- SOVA is also available for children between 6 and 12 years old. Take a look at the SOVA Junior Here.
- Besides the regular 1.6 mm version there is also the SOVA Max 2.4 mm for people who prefer to wear a thicker mouthguard.
Taking proper care of SOVA
In order to be able to use the mouthguard for as long as possible Dr. Akervall designed a disinfection spray and a protective case. This way your night guard will remain free of bacteria and it will last longer. Leave the mouthguard to dry and keep it in the case until you go to bed again.
Who is SOVA suitable for?
- SOVA is designed for people who want to protect their teeth from teeth grinding and who want to get rid of jaw pain and headaches by reducing teeth grinding.
- SOVA is good for people who clench their jaw during the day.
- SOVA is suitable for people with implants, If this is the case Aluminium foil (or dental wax) should be used as a barrier when moulding the guard so the guard material doesn't stick to the implant.
- SOVA is suitable for people with braces. If this is the case an orthodontist or dentist should measure the mouthguard.
- SOVA is also suitable for people with jaw joint problems also known as temporomandibular dysfunction (TMD).
- SOVA is suitable for people who bite on the inside of their cheeks a lot and who want to unlearn this.
Who is SOVA less suitable for?
- Do not use it in combination with prosthesis
- Do not use if you suffer from cavities, lose teeth, or lost fillings
- Do not use when you experience pain while wearing the mouthguard. Stop directly if this is the case.
- Do not use it if you suffer from mouth sores or problems with your gums.
- Do not use if the mouthguard does not reach your back molars and contact us immediately.
The SOVA Aero Nightguard is suitable for both the lower and upper jaw.
Make SOVA fit in 2 minutes
What do you need?
- a bowl of hot water (ideally 60-degree Celsius) Attention: do not use boiling water to mold your night guard!
How can I customize the SOVA night guard?
Wash your hands and the SOVA mouth guard using soap and water.
Heat the water in the pot or in the microwave up to 60 degrees. The water must not boil.
Place the SOVA mouth guard in the bowl with the hot water and wait until it becomes soft and flexible. You can check this by placing a fork underneath and slowly moving it up.
Hold the soft material (as shown) and do not fold it. If the material sticks together, it will be difficult to remove it.
Now carefully bite into the center of the front part of the rail and press the tongue against the material so that it does not slip.
Look into the mirror. Shape the material on the surface of the teeth by pressing the material softely towards the gums with your fingertips. Try to cover the entire tooth and do not go further than the gumline. Attention: It's important to reach all your teeth, even the back molars.
Close your lips around the mouth guard and suck gently until the material has hardened. (Do not suck too hard) This creates the right fit within a minute. If you are not satisfied with the result, put the denture guard back in the water, let it soften, and start over again.
For the best result:
- Make sure that the mouthguard also reaches the back molars. All teeth must be covered.
- Do not over-stretch the material when it is soft
- Do not use boiling water
- Do not bite too hard if the mouthpiece is soft
Don't you have water or electricity nearby? No problem. To be able to form your SOVA quickly and easily wherever you want, there is the SOVA Heating pack. You can just insert your SOVA night guard and take it out again when it is totally warmed up!
Ask a dentist before use if you have:
- Missing teeth
- Sores in your mouth or bleeding gums
- If you have diagnosed with TMJ problems
Do not use: with artificial dentures, if you have loose teeth, loose fillings, loose caps, cavities with no fillings or as an athletic mouthguard.
What's it made of?
The SOVA material consists of a mix of different, biodegradable products. The material is safe, sustainable, stronger than EVA, and 100% free of chemical substances such as BPA, latex, PVA, and Ftalaten. Do you want to be sure? Ask for an official European safety certificate via Email.